Guwahati: Creative Director of Cane Concept and Founder of Urra Design, Aku Zeliang won the Elle Deco International Design Award (EDIDA) ‘Young Talent of the Year 2022’ organized by Elle Decor. He was also the runner-up in the seating category.
The Nagaland-based design studio is committed to an amalgamation of traditional skills and materials in all its work. A reminder of the rich heritage, it collaborates with indigenous artisans to create artifacts and objects.
He is an alumnus of Mayo College in Ajmer and Pearl Academy of Fashion in New Delhi. The budding designer realized the region’s potential in interior design and, at a very young age, ventured into the world of design to contribute to the beauty and uniqueness of the North East region.
His desire to do something different prompted him to create his company “Urra” to pursue his career in the field of interior design. When he started in 2012, he was the youngest interior designer in the northeast.
EDIDA is a stage where designers bring an artistic balance between infinite radiance, meaningful texture and innovative furnishings. It is a platform where designers can showcase the brilliance and craftsmanship of design.
Read also | Autumn Festival held at Nagaland House in New Delhi
- Meghalaya: Scholarships of around Rs 170 crore pending, says minister
- Tripura: Draft electoral list with 27,33,891 voters published
- Manipur signs MoU with Infosys to improve teaching and learning activities
- Fact check: China video shared as Hindu festival in India?
- Nirav Modi loses appeal, UK High Court rules suicide risk not bar to extradition to India
- Sikkim gears up for partyless Panchayat elections tomorrow