Los Angeles-based company hires virtual fashion design assistant (remote)
The virtual design assistant takes remote leadership of the design director and the women’s ready-to-wear design team, but also works closely with sales managers, production and planning teams .
- Assist the design team by researching and interpreting trends in business designs
- Create key silhouettes, fabrics and trims as part of the brand’s aesthetic
- Collect and use relevant internal / external information and reports to drive product designs
- Collaborate with the design director and buyers to develop brand vision and direction
- Responsible for producing specifications either by hand sketching and / or CAD
- Attend weekly online design meetings and present digital storyboards with the team
- Attend online team meetings with sales, buyers and planning and production
- Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree or work experience in lieu of the degree
- At least 1-4 years of sketching or CAD design experience
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator (or similar), Photoshop, some MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Design category: Women’s ready-to-wear or Missy, trendy, luxury or style-chic design experience preferred
- Relevant sourcing experience with a variety of fabrics, trims, washing with a desire to learn
- Strong sense of trends, design influences and inspirations
- Work independently and remotely and as a team while following directions via emails and calls
- Able to create designs that influence sales and maintain business goals
- Ability (or desire to) read forecast and sales planning reports
- Great attention to detail, open to suggestions, criticisms and requests for exclusivity
- Ability to stay at bay indefinitely, with the desire to grow within a strong and thriving business and a talented fashion team
- Ability to provide work samples or a portfolio when requested
This is a direct hire, full time remote position with hours of work in the PST area. Hours are full time during regular business hours Monday through Friday.
Good to have: someone in the Los Angeles area or the same time zone, but not required.
Hourly compensation, full benefits, paid vacation, employee benefits and expense reimbursements. Compensation is based on experience. Please include all of your technical office skills.
If this virtual direct recruiting role is right for you, we want to hear from you!
Follow us on Instagram @talentsuede
Everything you need to know is on our BLOG.
TO APPLY: go to our website https://www.talentsuede.com/job-listings
Or email [email protected]
Talent Suede offers a variety of direct, full or part-time, freelance and virtual recruiting positions. Find other career opportunities, advice and events online at www.talentsuede.com